This Thursday, 4th June 2015 we are starting a new edition of VideoWall in Židovska street in Ljubljana!
VideoWall is an open air video gallery, an ever-changing graffiti. There is a new video loop being presented every two weeks. Each of the works is then being screened daily from 9 pm to 1 am in summer (June, July) and from 6 pm to midnight in winter (November, December).
Authors who applied through an international call were selected by Pila Rusjan, video artist and author of the VideoWall project. This year, there will be eight exhibitions:
– Emil Brahe (Denmark) who is opening this year’s edition with a video loop Dancing Queen made specially for VideoWall;
– Fernando Visockis (Brazil) who is coming from Finland to make an interactive performance in July;
– Ksenija Kovačević (Serbia) who will re-present her video from 1999;
– Dejan Štefančič (Slovenia) will make us see behind the facade;
– Luka Prijatelj (Slovenia) will experiment with video glitches and the idea of surveillance in the cities;
– Adrijan Praznik (Slovenia) will produce an animated character on the street together with co-authors: Nina Bric, Dominik Mencej and Dijana Šmigoc;
– Ana Pečar (Slovenia) will bring fantastic nature into the city and ask us about the relationship between human and nature;
– Initiative ČIPke (Slovenia) will show omnibus of cinemagraphs made on a workshop specially for VideoWall.